MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Administrator Account Issue
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So my forum went through a very strange attack deleting the Administrator account... How would I go about fixing this because I'm having to make forum changes through phpmyadmin -_- It's getting painful. Please Help!
Not understanding nor working.
try to create new user with admin privileges by using phpmyadmin / sql query
If you have made it so at least one usergroup can access the Admin CP place yourself in that group. You can check which groups can by running this query:
SELECT * FROM mybb_usergroups WHERE cancp=1

Make sure also in your /inc/config.php file that your uid is in the $config['super_admins'] variable.

Then create a file in the directory of your forum with this:
<?php
define("IN_MYBB", 1);
define("NO_ONLINE", 1);
require_once "global.php";
$cache->update_usergroups();
$cache->update_forumpermissions();
echo "Cache's updated.";
?>

Check if you are able to view the Admin CP after that. If you can, go ahead and delete the file you just created so no one can use it.
(2014-09-30, 01:19 PM)dragonexpert Wrote: [ -> ]If you have made it so at least one usergroup can access the Admin CP place yourself in that group.  You can check which groups can by running this query:

SELECT * FROM mybb_usergroups WHERE cancp=1

Make sure also in your /inc/config.php file that your uid is in the $config['super_admins'] variable.

Then create a file in the directory of your forum with this:

<?php
define("IN_MYBB", 1);
define("NO_ONLINE", 1);
require_once "global.php";
$cache->update_usergroups();
$cache->update_forumpermissions();
echo "Cache's updated.";
?>

Check if you are able to view the Admin CP after that.  If you can, go ahead and delete the file you just created so no one can use it.

I'm a bit of a noob when it comes to MySQL and crap. Could you walk me through this briefly? When I try signing in through AdminCP it asks for an E-Mail or Username and Password which I can't seem to insert or find in the database...

EDIT:

I also run Steam Logins and completely removed regular registration from the menu... What's the link?

Also, here is my forum that I'm having issues with: http://sereneservernetwork.com/forum
If you have a backup, i would restore it and take some time to secure your installation to prevent it from happening again.