MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: mybb 1.8 upgrade returns white page
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all

I am uploading a forum ( uses mybb 1.6 ) that went down a couple of months ago and now im trying to upgrade it. so this is what i have done.

Uploaded the forums files i have from when the forum was up months ago, added the backup mysql database and now i have uploaded the mybb 1.8 files.

I went to the install directory and clicked on upgrade to mybb 1.8 though when clicking on this it just shows a white page, does anyone know whats causing this at all?

Thanks
Steve
This sounds like PHP threw a fatal error. I have had a similar situation where I had to check back with my host so that php errors get displayed at all (before I got white pages as well).

If you have the chance, can you enable PHP-warnings?
I have now solved this, to fix it . it was just simply changing mysqli in config.php to mysql.

But... now i have a new error, when logging in to admin control panel im getting the following error which is down to the php but not sure what it is. The error at the top of the page is:

Warning [2] Creating default object from empty value - Line: 349 - File: admin/index.php PHP 5.5.17 (Linux)

File Line Function
/admin/index.php 349 errorHandler->error

Anyone?
^ replies here might help (though it was for earlier version of MyBB and php)

IMO, you may simply ignore such warnings. no harm is done