MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: stylesheet order not being held [SOLVED]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I wonder could I ask for some help and advice please.

Not entirely sure if this is a bug or if it is as designed so I am asking for support to begin with as if it is not a bug I don't wish to waste developers time.

I have made a simple Theme for release here to the community and rather than make a tons of changes to existing stylesheets I had made all alterations for css in a new stylesheet and named it "takeiteasy.css".

The Stylesheet order for "takeiteasy.css" is '8', so all changes being made in it of course are at the end of the cascade order but when I imported the Theme to ensure all works as it should "takeiteasy.css" is Stylesheet order '1' and some changes in it are not put into action at the end.

If I take the time to manually alter the Stylesheet order so "takeiteasy.css" is again '8' everything is fine again.

In the .xml it looks to me like the order should be respected as you can see below but of course it isn't!

<disporder><![CDATA[a:8:{s:10:"global.css";i:1;s:10:"usercp.css";i:2;s:9:"modcp.css";i:3;s:16:"star_ratings.css";i:4;s:14:"showthread.css";i:5;s:17:"thread_status.css";i:6;s:8:"css3.css";i:7;s:14:"takeiteasy.css";i:8;}]]></disporder>

In truth I have no idea what I am looking at in that code above but it looks right to my simple understanding.

How do I forceĀ "takeiteasy.css" to be Stylesheet order '8' when someone imports the Theme, not really going to popular telling folk to manually alter the Stylesheet order.

Thank you kindly for taking the time to read this. :smile:
stylesheets structure is like below in the theme xml
<stylesheets>
		<stylesheet name="global.css" version="1800" disporder="1"><![CDATA[body {.....
}]]>
		</stylesheet>
</stylesheets>

so code like below should serve the required purpose
<stylesheet name="takeiteasy.css" version="1800" dispoorder="8"><![CDATA[body {.....
}]]>
		</stylesheet>
Thank you ever so much .M.

<stylesheet name="takeiteasy.css" version="1800" disporder="8"><![CDATA[body {.....
}]]>
That worked perfectly, I appreciate that very much, thank you. :smile: