MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Custom Profile Field Issue
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am in early creation of a custom theme. I have made some Custom Profile Fields, but I'm wanting to have them laid out differently than the default box that they are placed into.

On the template I have:
<input class="radiobutton" type="radio" value="Character1" name="profile_fields[fid7]">

<input class="textbox" type="text" maxlength="30" value="{$mybb->user['fid8']}" size="0" name="profile_fields[fid8]">

<select size="1" name="profile_fields[fid9]">

<option value="Bounty Hunter">Bounty Hunter</option>
      <option value="Imperial Agent">Imperial Agent</option>
      <option value="Jedi Consular">Jedi Consular</option>
      <option value="Jedi Knight">Jedi Knight</option>
      <option value="Sith Inquisitor">Sith Inquisitor</option>
      <option value="Sith Warrior">Sith Warrior</option>
      <option value="Smuggler">Smuggler</option>
      <option value="Trooper">Trooper</option>
    </select>

However, when filling info into the textbox, selecting the radio option, or drop down option, none of the values are being saved. I've tried several different things to fix this, but haven't found anything that works. What am I missing?

Thanks!
you can use form method to save the fields values
<form action="member.php" method="post">
	<input type="hidden" name="my_post_key" value="{$mybb->post_code}" />
<-- other required code  -->
     </form>
Thank you for the response. I'm afraid I still don't quite understand. I just started diving into form and input type web development over the summer.

The fields are still displayed on the Edit Profile page within the User CP. I am wanting to organize and lay them out in a different fashion.

I guess I don't understand the "Other Required Code" portion. I would presume that to be the field information and a submit button? Since this is already on a page with a form action, would this be done a different way?
^ :oops: I was mistaken. which template exactly you are trying to modify?
(I've to check it after power resumes ..)
I am modifying "usercp_profile"
Are they set as "Hide/Disabled" and you want to show them apart from the rest? I think you may need a plugin.

If you are using MyBB 1.6 you may use the following plugin.
http://mybbhacks.zingaburga.com/showthread.php?tid=1271
I have xthreads with that modification on another of my forums that is at 1.6.

However, on this forum I am using 1.8. I was hoping there may be a coding way around this that would allow for the values to retain and let me rearrange the edit profile page better, since it appears that the xthreads modification for custom fields needs to be updated for 1.8.