MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyBB Default Theme (Broken)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

I upgraded from 1.6 to 1.8 and made all the changes necessary. However, I just realized that the theme is broken, a screenshot is below.

[Image: Jtbwm68.png]

How can I fix this issue?

I apologize if that's the wrong section, I didn't know where to post.

Thanks!
have you updated code in templates after upgrading to MyBB 1.8
upgrading guidance Wrote:Visit your Admin Control Panel, then go to Templates & Style > Templates > Find Updated Templates. This will show you a list of all the templates that have changed during the upgrade.

You can either revert these templates to their default - meaning all the changes you've made to it will be removed - or you can see a Diff Report which will show you exactly what's changed. If you have a custom theme installed, it is probably best that you look at the Diff Report and apply the changes you need.
(2014-09-30, 01:54 PM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]have you updated code in templates after upgrading to MyBB 1.8

There are currently no templates which have been updated since you last upgraded.
(2014-09-30, 02:01 PM)Xyzo Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-09-30, 01:54 PM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]have you updated code in templates after upgrading to MyBB 1.8

There are currently no templates which have been updated since you last upgraded.
In the MyBB Installation Guidance there's written that after upgrading to 1.8.x from 1.6.x, you must update your templates. To update your templates go to Admin Control Panel>>Templates & Style>>Templates>>Find Updated Templates and then you update all the templates it says that need to be updated and every issue should disappear immediately.
you can try creating a new theme / installing a new theme and switch to it
Thanks for the help, it worked.

One more question, is there a way to remove the old template set?

[Image: LqMM8CU.png]
^ default templates cannot be removed from admin panel. newly created theme and templates set can be renamed
How does one remove a theme so it can't be selected in the UserCP? I'm not talking about the default them. It's an old theme that I had for 1.6 but went with the default theme when I installed 1.8. The old theme recently caused a problem for a member because he had changed the theme in the UserCP to the old theme so I'd like to get rid of that theme entirely so it can't be selected in the UserCP and cause problems.

Thanks.
Just edit the theme from ACP -> Themes & Templates -> [your theme] and disable it for every usergroup except for the administrator usergroup. That will remove the ability for users to be able to select that as their theme.