MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How to integrate TinyMCE WYSIWYG editor fast and easy
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
That's a quick solution.

1- Download tinymce
2- Upload the contents of javascript folder to a folder on your server, let's call it "tinymce"
3- Go to your admin CP, and expand your templates
4- Expand "codebuttons" and add this instead of what you see:
<script language="javascript" type="text/javascript" src="tinymce/tiny_mce.js"></script>
<script language="javascript" type="text/javascript">
tinyMCE.init({
	mode : "textareas"
});
</script>
<!--<script type="text/javascript" src="jscripts/editor.js?ver=121"></script>
<script type="text/javascript">
	{$editor_language}
	var clickableEditor = new messageEditor("message", {lang: editor_language, rtl: {$lang->settings['rtl']}});
	clickableEditor.bindSmilieInserter("clickable_smilies");
</script>-->
5- Allow html on each forum and it's done. I've tested many tags, and they all perfectly worked.
Nice job man. Thx Wink
For an advanced theme check the tinymce wiki and extend its functionalities (like joomla).
wooow thnx darkteller. but tell me is there no worries about allowing HTML?
Or you could always get my pretty version of TinyMCE from http://www.surfionline.com/archives/2007...-get-some/

[Image: tinymce_me.png]

However - you need to be extremely careful with allowing HTML in your forums. Though we've done a lot to combat script execution with HTML turned on there is still possibly other ways scripts can be executed to perform XSS and such as well as the possibility of users breaking your layout by using malformed tags.
So is there any good points/advices to be safe with using TinyMCE?
Thanks a lot Chris, i will try it of course Toungue
And I think i'll make a quick plugin for this integrations, maybe with yours, if I have your permission. Otherwise i'll give the link.

BTW, i'm not using the editor yet on my official forum, i'm still thinking about it. It was just an easy tutorial for others.
Is that plugin will make it work with limited HTML codes? or we will still have to allow HTML?
You will have to allow it in the forums you're going to use tinymce, i will not make a parser.
OK thnx mate.
Regards
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5