MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Search not working (search.lang.php missing)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
http://objectivepushers.com/the-forums/

I'm having an issue where the forum search isn't working and it says that search.lang.php is missing. So I found it in the mybb1.8 downloaded files and reuploaded it to the server. It's instantly deleted.

Any idea why this might be happening? I renamed the file so it's not read as a .php file and uploaded it, but it's still deleted straight away. Currently users are unable to use the search function.

Thanks!
Sorry did not see your url,,,

But have you uploaded it to /inc/languages/english/

?
No, the forum is definitely set to American English.

And yes, I'm uploading to the English folder.

I actually tried the steps in that link by editing the search_moderator_options file but it didn't help unfortunately.
(2014-10-01, 05:51 PM)JKnightWebDesign Wrote: [ -> ]No, the forum is definitely set to American English.

And yes, I'm uploading to the English folder.

uploaded with ftp?
Yes, I tried with both FileZilla and SmartFTP. I should mention that it's also coming up as Malware when using FileZilla. The site is being hosted on GoDaddy.
Its the line that says "Find All". Change the words "Find All" to something else. Your host has some security installed that doesn't let files have certain word combinations.
Thank you!! That worked perfectly.

For anyone else that has this issue, it's line 97 in search.lang.php.

I changed:

$l['find_all'] = "Find all";

to

$l['find_all_languages'] = "Find all languages";