MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Saving messages.lang.php
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi, when I'm trying to edit messages.lang.php it works fine, but when I'm clicking Save I can see the following error:
Quote:Warning [2] require(/home/XXX/public_html/XXX/forum/inc/languages/.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory - Line: 534 - File: admin/modules/config/languages.php PHP 5.4.30 (Linux)
I'ts happening when I'm trying to edit English language (didn't edited) and when I'm trying to edit Hebrew language (edited by ftp).
Thanks for helping.
How have you build it up?

inc/language/
copy the english.php edit in notepad++ (or what you are using) edit it to your language and save as yourlanguage.php .

Make a new folder, and call it yournewlanguage.
inside this folder all translated files must be saved, and in acp you can change the language to your new.
(2014-10-02, 01:58 PM)BaggerHD Wrote: [ -> ]How have you build it up?

inc/language/
copy the english.php edit in notepad++ (or what you are using) edit it to your language and save as yourlanguage.php .

Make a new folder, and call it yournewlanguage.
inside this folder all translated files must be saved, and in acp you can change the language to your new.

I didn't.. I copied English folder and changed it to english and opened hebrew.php now I'm translating throw the acp, but the messages.lang.php gives an error...
run file verification tool available at tools & maintenance section of admin panel.
focus is on missing / changed php & js files. ignore images. ignore files reported
from install folder. post the result here
(2014-10-02, 02:56 PM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]run file verification tool available at tools & maintenance section of admin panel.
focus is on missing / changed php & js files. ignore images. ignore files reported
from install folder. post the result here

http://prntscr.com/4sdk8t

in the usercp.js I only changed 1 Left to Right, and the problem was before it..
^ that is strange. file name is not available while saving the language file through admin panel.
to confirm can you save other languages files through admin panel except messages.lang.php file ?
have you checked if it is writable (CHMOD 777) ?
(2014-10-02, 03:08 PM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]^ that is strange. file name is not available while saving the language file through admin panel.
to confirm can you save other languages files through admin panel except messages.lang.php file ?
have you checked if it is writable (CHMOD 777) ?

I checked the CHMOD, it right. And yes, I can to edit another files except this file. I tried to replace the file with the original file from mybb.com download and its still not works
I checked and I have a similar issue with messages.lang.php and also these files:
- warnings.lang.php
- usercp.lang.php
- calendar.lang.php
Can you save them DanielM?
(2014-10-02, 08:37 PM)Destroy666 Wrote: [ -> ]I checked and I have a similar issue with messages.lang.php and also these files:
- warnings.lang.php
- usercp.lang.php
- calendar.lang.php
Can you save them DanielM?
can save these files. So it is a bag? 'cuz I tried to install new mybb 1.8 copy and it working but the other not
Bump.
Pages: 1 2