MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: User Ribbons - XF-Style
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello guys. I am a newcomer to the forums, and a noob at coding and graphics and stuff, but knows enough when it comes to PHP, web scripts and server-stuff, I meet the basics.

This is not a bash, nor a statement that says, XF punches MyBB without giving it a chance to fight back or XF is better than MyBB, no. Just a suggestion.

I'm not good with graphics, so the ribbons that appear in the postbit in Xenforo makes rank images useless. I would like that feature implemented to MyBb as well. What postbit style? Vertical of course.

Another note is that I want the IPS style thread prefixes, and the ability to tag/call/shoutout (to) people in posts. Forum Status updates are welcome.

Thank your for your time Smile
I second this. I really like how you can just type the text you want and select colors for banners in XF without going through your FTP every time you want to correct a typo.
(2014-10-04, 06:05 PM)samth1815 Wrote: [ -> ]I second this. I really like how you can just type the text you want and select colors for banners in XF without going through your FTP every time you want to correct a typo.

Selecting colors? What if you want a color that isn't available from the presets, unless you want it to generate them (would require the GD Library or something similar?)? Otherwise, you'd still end up uploading images to the server. Keep in mind, that defaults can get dull really quick.
I'm not really sure that the XenForo Style ribbons would work well for both of MyBB's postbit layouts.
(2014-10-15, 01:54 AM)Axareal Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-10-04, 06:05 PM)samth1815 Wrote: [ -> ]I second this. I really like how you can just type the text you want and select colors for banners in XF without going through your FTP every time you want to correct a typo.

Selecting colors? What if you want a color that isn't available from the presets, unless you want it to generate them (would require the GD Library or something similar?)? Otherwise, you'd still end up uploading images to the server. Keep in mind, that defaults can get dull really quick.
I'm not really sure that the XenForo Style ribbons would work well for both of MyBB's postbit layouts.
Could work well if it was a predefined shape and we typed in a color code?