MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Creating new forum from existing 2 forums
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So my situation is as follows. 

We have 2 separate instances of Forums sites that already exist and the idea is to create a brand new forum site that will incorporate the existing 2 within the new one.  

So I've created the new forum site and managed to export and import all the data from one of the pre-existing forums successfully, performed the recount and rebuild and everything seems good except when I'm in the admin section, I can't perform successful searches in users & groups even though they are there and in the forum when I try to search under Search by Username, again unsuccessful. 

My other question would be should I scrap this process and try the merge tool even though this is almost complete?

Thanks 
The merge system does exactly what you need and really doesn't take a super large amount of time or effort, so I would scrap what you did and use the merge system.

The problem you are running into might have something to do with the auto incremented UserID. But since you said the recount and rebuild worked ok (you did get the correct new number of users right?), I can't see how.
Thanks, I'll try it again. 

Had no success with the merge last time but that may of been because I was running mybb 1.6.13 and not 1.8. I'm awaiting approval from our IT dept. to upgrade. 

Thanks again