MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Can't log in to Admin CP after upgrade to 1.8
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
It always tells me user/password is incorrect. But both are correct. I am using Steam OpenID plugin, but I can log in with username and password just fine in the forum. I just can't log in to the Admin CP. I've searched and tried everything. So will someone either tell me how to fix this issue, or tell me what I need to do to downgrade back to 1.6.15 because so far I'm really not impressed with 1.8.
if you have complete backup of 1.6.15 forum (backup of all files & database backup) then
remove existing forum and its database, upload 1.6.15 version files, import the database
through web host control panel
& connect by using database details in inc/config.php file
I'm having a similar issue, but instead I'm getting a 500 error.
500 error will go away, i had the same but after few seconds it went away.
@Torengo, if server error log exists at your web host control panel then look at latest entries in it to find the cause
(2014-10-03, 08:00 AM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]if you have complete backup of 1.6.15 forum (backup of all files & database backup) then
remove existing forum and its database, upload 1.6.15 version files, import the database
through web host control panel
& connect by using database details in inc/config.php file

I haven't followed you instructions yet, but I've installed a clean 1.8.0 MyBB on the server.
In a different database to the previous, to have a completely clean install.

I have backups of the original 1.6.9 forum files and the database.
Would I be able to import the users, posts and attachments through the MyBB merge system or does it require a different method?

Note : I was unable to upgrade 1.6.9 to 1.6.15 due to the same reason (no admin panel), also there were numerous errors caused by upgrading some of the plugins. Which is why I've decided to do a clean install to save myself from cleaning up that mess.
MyBB 1.8 Merge system cannot be used with MyBB earlier version's database AND direct import of
users, posts and other required fields is not an easy task as there are many changes in the system.
What would be the easiest way to import just the registered users in that case?
^ before importing the users table into fresh MyBB 1.8,
you have to remove conflicting rows and drop not existing fields from the users table of earlier database
HOW do I import a users table?
Pages: 1 2