MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Installation: db config error
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am currently installing MyBB on a website, however am consistently receiving a database configuration error:

* Could not connect to the database server at 'localhost' with the supplied username and password. Are you sure the hostname and user details are correct?
* Could not select the database 'such and such'. Are you sure it exists and the specified username and password have access to it?

... 'such and such' obviously being the db with a proper name.

I have created the database, and a user with full access privileges to this db. In desperation, I have read up and numerous MyBB installation tutorials only to confirm that I am doing everything right (as far as I know).

While I may be creating a db and user, does this require any further work within the MyPHPAdmin panel? As far as the tutorials show, it should be a very simple process: make a db, make a user, grant full access, voila.

My hosting provider uses a Siteworx control panel, if this has any bearing.

Any insight on how to rectify this matter would be greatly appreciated.
Is the DB user assigned to the DB?
Tikitiki Wrote:Is the DB user assigned to the DB?
Yes.
Did you type everything in correctly? Make sure there are no spaces before or after you type in the username or password for instance.
Tikitiki Wrote:Did you type everything in correctly? Make sure there are no spaces before or after you type in the username or password for instance.
Yes, everything is entered correct.

However seems I've fixed my problem. Started from scratch, rid of the old db and user, created fresh ones, and no error messages thus far.

Sorry to waste your time, thanks for the effort anyways. Smile