MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Istallare Mybb Merge
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Ho provato ad installare Mybb Merge, ma non ci sono riuscito.. Come si fà?

- Il Dottore
have you seen this guidance => Running the merge System
I have read, but I did not succeed, I do not understand where I have to put the file! I always get this error:
Fatal error: require_once () [function.require]: Failed opening required '/membri/inc/config.php' (include_path = '.:') In /membri/namesite/index.php on line 40

- Il Dottore
Please use English to describe your problem.
Have you installed mybb first? And uploaded the merge system as described on the docs .m. linked to?
(2014-10-03, 04:52 PM)Il Dottore Wrote: [ -> ]I have read, but I did not succeed, I do not understand where I have to put the file! I always get this error:
Fatal error: require_once () [function.require]: Failed opening required '/membri/inc/config.php' (include_path = '.:') In /membri/namesite/index.php on line 40

- Il Dottore

Ok I'll help you both in english and italian (I'm italian) to help you and who will see this post in the future Smile

ENGLISH:
Before running the MyBB merge system is recomended to do a backup of your database/files, because if the merge system fails for any reason you'll be able to restore your forum.

Now, as Jones H said, you have to have mybb installed first. The error you posted I think is related to a missing mybb installation. To install MyBB see this documentation page.

ITALIAN:
Prima di avviare MyBB merge system è consigliato effettuare un backup del tuo database e dei tuoi files, perché in caso di errore potrai recuperare il tuo forum.

Come ha detto Jones H, prima devi aver installato mybb. L'errore che hai pubblicato sembra essere dovuto ad un installazione mancante di MyBB. Per installare mybb leggi questa pagina della documentazione.
(2014-10-04, 07:51 AM)Lowseling Wrote: [ -> ]ITALIAN:
Prima di avviare MyBB merge system è consigliato effettuare un backup del tuo database e dei tuoi files, perché in caso di errore potrai recuperare il tuo forum.

Come ha detto Jones H, prima devi aver installato mybb. L'errore che hai pubblicato sembra essere dovuto ad un installazione mancante di MyBB. Per installare mybb leggi questa pagina della documentazione.

Hello, I have installed Mybb and then inserted the merge, but I do not understand where to put the file!
Exits: MyBB Merge -> Merge -> file
I have to create new folder merge? Put the files in the forum without folder merge?
I did not understand.
On the merge, there are folders in the forum that are not there!

- Il Dottore
^ merge system package consists of merge folder.
that merge folder should be uploaded as is with its contents to your MyBB files server
Hi, i am having similar problems...

I have read the document but don't quite understand where to put the file.

I have gone into my FTP and uploaded the "Merge" file into both of the following:
>> root/merge
>> root/public_html/merge

however when i then try to add "/merge/" to the end of my URL nothing happens..

I am new to all of this so sorry if i don't understand it all properly..

I basically made a PHPBB forum, ran into problems where i couldn't add any mods because they were too difficult so uninstalled it via godaddy and uploaded a copy of MyBB via FTP.
^ @Brazz, have you installed MyBB forum and does it load when you type site url on web browser ?
if so then public_html is the correct location for the merge folder. that is, merge folder with its
contents
should be located where you have forum's index.php, global.php, xmlhttp.php files exist
@.m.

Yes MyBB is installed, i have been changing all the user titles and settings etc.
My site loads (sill a blank MyBB theme for now)
The folder was uploaded as is with all content etc.

OK so now i know it is in the right place what do i need to do in order to run the merge?
Step by step please lol, Im still getting to grips with it all Toungue
Pages: 1 2