MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Change thread title max characters?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have googled a thousand time on this and i am not getting anywhere, Im not sure if its a bug or if im doing it right but i cant change the thread character limit from 85?

what i have tried -

i have edited newthread template -
<td class="trow2">{$prefixselect}<input type="text" class="textbox" name="subject" size="40" maxlength="85" value="{$subject}" tabindex="1" /></td>

and changed 85 to many things, it just does not work.

asi get this error?

Please correct the following errors before continuing:

The subject is too long. Please enter a subject shorter than 85 characters (currently 119).

(2014-10-03, 03:02 PM)dmpops22 Wrote: [ -> ]I have googled a thousand time on this and i am not getting anywhere, Im not sure if its a bug or if im doing it right but i cant change the thread character limit from 85?

what i have tried -

i have edited newthread template -

<td class="trow2">{$prefixselect}<input type="text" class="textbox" name="subject" size="40" maxlength="85" value="{$subject}" tabindex="1" /></td>

and changed 85 to many things, it just does not work.

asi get this error?

Please correct the following errors before continuing:

The subject is too long. Please enter a subject shorter than 85 characters (currently 119).

FIX FOR THOSE WITH SIMILAR ISSUE -

I managed to fix it, by editing the error message in inc/languages/english/newthread.lang.php from 85 to what i wanted.

And then

by changing this piece of code in inc/datahandlers/post.php

if($subject_length > 85)
 {
 // Subject is too long
 $this->set_error('subject_too_long', my_strlen($subject));
 return false;
 }

to

if($subject_length > 110)
 {
 // Subject is too long