MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Upgrading from 1.6.8 to 1.8.0
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Greetings everyone,

My name is Ed, and I have been running a forum over at www.empireofthealexandrians.org/community for a while now. We originally used MyBB 1.6.8, and we upgraded last night to 1.8. I didn't perform the upgrade, a friend of mine (Liam) who has better knowledge of the process did it. He is part of our community and I could get more information about steps taken to upgrade and such from him if needed.

1. We are having issues with the board theme, as described by Liam below:
Quote:We are in the default theme because the Alexandrian custom theme isn't responding to its CSS parameters with respect to table width and text alignment especially despite the files having the appropriate read/write/execute permissions (if you log out and view the forum as a guest, you can see the issues with the custom theme). I've tried re-inputting the values with no luck. I think it may be an issue of the theme it's based on being from an older version of MyBB and a Google search on the issue appears to support that. 

Even the default theme is being fussy - I tried to change the logo to the Alexandrian one to see if we could rebuild easily, but then there was a board-wide error that dumped the themes completely. 

I haven't had any luck finding a solution but I reinstalled the forum a second time to get the default theme to work properly again. If Ed can't fix it in the meantime while I'm offline, I'll continue some research into the matter tomorrow night or during the weekend. 

For now, the default theme is a temporary measure, so that when you're logged in, you can at least use the forum normally without the CSS issues.

2. User validations - a user had registered on the board before the upgrade and apparently was stuck on validation. I went ahead after the upgrade and approved his validation anyway. But I am still getting an alert at the top of the forum saying that there is still someone in the validation queue. Not sure if now he has to validate his account via email or if it's something we can take care of. (See screenshot below.)

[Image: zG3BcFg.png]

3. Thank You/Like System - On the previous board version, we used a Thank You/Like plugin. We turned it off before the upgrade. I noticed that MyBB 1.8 now has its own Thank You/Like system. When I tried to turn it on, it does not work. I turned on the option in the Admin CP panel and I am not seeing it applied to any of our posts or forums - at least I can't see the "Like" button anywhere.

4. Issues with the Purge Spammer and Contact Details options in the Admin CP - In the "Purge Spammer" option menu under Configuration in the Admin CP we get an error at the top, not sure what that is about as well. The same thing happens with the "Contact Details" option menu. (See screenshots below.)

[Image: kpx4niz.png]

[Image: Sq3U5Lu.png]

5. Option Buttons in Admin CP do not work - I try to click on any "Option" button in the Admin CP after the upgrade, they never work. A pull down menu is supposed to come out providing you with options, but they never work or pull down the menu now.

[Image: G6IfvQu.png]

6. Text editor no longer has buttons for formatting your post. Not sure where those went after the upgrade. 0.0

[Image: Lfq2h5C.png]

7. Buttons in all posts missing - See the screenshot below, the missing buttons are highlighted in yellow.

[Image: d88l9Xz.png]

I am not sure if these issues have been addressed previously, but I have not been able to find resolution for them with a Google search.

Would anyone be able to help? I would appreciate it immensely. I really, really like MyBB and I am committed to keep using it. We just have to work through these kinks.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Smile Sorry I wrote a novel, lol.

Thank you!
custom theme's templates need modifying code after upgrading to MyBB 1.8
upgrading guidance Wrote:Visit your Admin Control Panel, then go to Templates & Style > Templates > Find Updated Templates. This will show you a list of all the templates that have changed during the upgrade.

You can either revert these templates to their default - meaning all the changes you've made to it will be removed - or you can see a Diff Report which will show you exactly what's changed. If you have a custom theme installed, it is probably best that you look at the Diff Report and apply the changes you need.
Without the pull down menus working as mentioned in point #5 above, all we can do is get to the "Find Updated Theme" page and not much else unfortunately. Sad
at present, you may install a new good looking theme and use it until you get the referred issues fixed

http://community.mybb.com/mods.php?actio...ory=themes

if you can PM me temporary access to admin panel, I can take a quick look .. (note: it is approaching midnight for me)
Looks like .m. logged off, if anyone has any more insight on this matter, I would appreciate it! Thank you again.
basic fixing is done (esp. referred issue #5). please follow the guidance posted in post #2
We had some issues migrating to 1.8 as well. We had to revert back to the older version. Some issues were that we could not delete/edit posts.
.m., thank you very much for your help. It is very appreciated. Smile

We are still having a few issues in the board as well, maybe we can get some help from you again to take care of them:

1. Buttons in all posts missing - See the screenshot below, the missing buttons are highlighted in yellow.

[Image: d88l9Xz.png]

2.  Selecting posts to move them/perform any moderation task does not work.  I am trying to clean up some forums and move topics over to the archive forums and it will not allow me to select individual topics. Now, if I click on the top box to select them all it goes ahead and selects them all - but I still am not allowed to make any moderation actions.

[Image: 5vyMCk5.png]

[Image: QCaqBou.png]
^ looks like there is a problem with saving templates. sent PM for Database access.
however, I might be able to check it after about 12 hours from now
Got your PM and I replied to it. Smile Thank you.
Pages: 1 2