MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Can I use this tool to merge 2 mybb forum instances into one?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Sorry if this sounds stupid but I'm having a hard time using this tool. I'll explain.

I have 2 instances of MyBB forums running right now, what I desire to accomplish is to create a brand new instance and merge the other 2 into this new one. Is this even possible and if so how please?

Do I need to have all three MyBB instances upgraded to version 1.8? Currently the new instance is at 1.8 and the other 2 are at 1.6.5 I believe. 

I also have the latest merge tool 1.8 downloaded and started running the tool on the new instance but when it asks me to choose which product to convert from MyBB 1.8 (merge) is all that is offered that would match my needs. That's why I'm asking about upgrading the other 2 older instances.

Any help would be much appreciated. 

Thanks 
yes, earlier versions of MyBB forums should be upgraded to version 1.8 to use MyBB Merge system 1.8
(2014-10-03, 06:00 PM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]yes, earlier versions of MyBB forums should be upgraded to version 1.8 to use MyBB Merge system 1.8

OK thanks. So the merge tool, does it get installed on the newly created instance of MyBB and then bring the other two over as part of the merge?

Thanks
I assume your trying to buy a new domain, open a site there on the new name but have both old boards merged in on a fresh copy.

If so..
1. Download, upload, and install a fresh copy of mybb 1.8 or 1.6 on the new domain.
2. Download, upload merge system.
3. Upload both site backups, db, site all and import them into their own db's...
4. Run merge and simply merge both backups into the new domain fresh mybb you installed.