MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Sort groups and search memberlist
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
1: On MyBB "member list", you can FILTER users by clicking the LETTER ( from A to Z ) to find users names that begins ONLY with those letters,
..but what about users names that begins with number ? ( 0- 9 ) ,  or special characters ( ! @ # $  ^ & - + ) ?.

*Sort by usernames shows the special characters and numbers name first, but does NOT filter ( mean shows ONLY the numbers/special characters ONLY, the A to  Z usernames does )
See First IMAGE = MyBB

Look at second image = vB ( vB was used as an example just because I was visiting that forum at this time, not trying to suggest MyBB copy vB, as other forums besides vB has this sort filter for numbers/special characters in usernames also )

Will this be added in  MyBB  v2 ?

2:  Sort by RANKS/USERGROUPS is not on the member list. ( see IMAGE with PhpBB memberlist).

Admins can see how many users are in each group through their ACP  on MyBB, but we would like users to be able to see this also ( this is a request for  MyBB v2 * )

You say post counts = ranks ?.. NOT
.. as members in one USERGROUP can have more (or less) posts than a member in another USERGROUP ( see PhpBB image attached ) .

PS: I spent some time and was able to accomplish #1 on a test forum, with MyBB 1.6
( added SORT by usergroup in memberslist )

MyBB current memberlist

[Image: 8CwxMPZ.jpg]

vBulletin memberlist filter includes # for numbers and special characters

[Image: EorSXs2.jpg]

PhpBB sort

[Image: AdgP3YD.jpg]

What does other think about these 2 features ?
Bump,

I would like to have something like this too.
I need to sort the users by their usergroups so people can see a list of the users in that particular group. Is it possible at the moment?
I like the idea of have a filter for usernames which don't start with a letter.

As for sorting based on rank, I'm not 100% sure how we would do that. MyBB doesn't really have ranks, preferring a group model instead, and users can be members of multiple groups. How would you sort users in multiple groups? Would the same user show up multiple times? I think maybe a better solution would be to filter for the group you're looking for.
Accept, reject, or "fix" in 2.* ?
(2014-10-03, 09:10 PM)Vanz Wrote: [ -> ]1: On MyBB "member list", you can FILTER users by clicking the LETTER ( from A to Z ) to find users names that begins ONLY with those letters,
..but what about users names that begins with number ? ( 0- 9 ) ,  or special characters ( ! @ # $  ^ & - + ) ?.

*Sort by usernames shows the special characters and numbers name first, but does NOT filter ( mean shows ONLY the numbers/special characters ONLY, the A to  Z usernames does )
See First IMAGE = MyBB

Look at second image = vB ( vB was used as an example just because I was visiting that forum at this time, not trying to suggest MyBB copy vB, as other forums besides vB has this sort filter for numbers/special characters in usernames also )

Will this be added in  MyBB  v2 ?

You already can filter users this way but there is no link to click, you have to put it in the url e.g.
https://community.mybb.com/memberlist.ph...username=!
or
https://community.mybb.com/memberlist.ph...username=9
Hi,

Your feature suggestion has been accepted as a planned feature to be implemented in MyBB 2.0. Thanks for your contribution!