MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: search page error
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I've update from 1.6.10 to 1.8.0 and I found two things mainly that went wrong with the update.

First, when I click on search, I get this error:

/home/content/71/6784371/html/forums/inc/languages/english/search.lang.php does not exist

I tried to copy the old search.lang.php from my ftp backup but it still gives me the same error. I looked into the search.php file but I couldn't find the call to search.lang.php.

The second thing is that on my "Latest thread" section on portal page, the replies and views are always at 0, but the time of the last reply is correct. However, on the forum page those two stats shows correctly. 

Any help to solve those issue would be appreciated. Thanks
replace once again search.lang.php file from MyBB 1.8 package
see replies here for the portal related issue & see also replies here for another portal issue
Thanks for the answer.

The problem is that search.lang.php gets erased from the server as soon as I upload it. This does not happens with other files from the package. For some reason, Filezilla thinks the file is a malware. Same thing happens if I use windows explorer. Here's the filezilla operations:

Status: Starting upload of C:\Users\Frederic\Desktop\mybb_1800\Upload\inc\languages\english\search.lang.php
Command: TYPE A
Response: 200 TYPE is now ASCII
Command: PASV
Response: 227 Entering Passive Mode (97,74,47,1,198,88)
Command: STOR search.lang.php
Response: 150 Accepted data connection
Response: 226-File successfully transferred
Response: 226-0.024 seconds (measured here), 215.34 Kbytes per second
Response: 226 *** MALWARE DETECTED ***
Status: File transfer successful, transferred 5,361 bytes in 1 second
Command: TYPE I
Response: 200 TYPE is now 8-bit binary
Command: PASV
Response: 227 Entering Passive Mode (97,74,47,1,197,85)
Command: MLSD
Response: 150 Accepted data connection
Response: 226-Options: -a -l
Response: 226 12 matches total
^ looks like that file is detected as a malware and removed by web server. replies here should help
Thank you. It worked. I also fixed both bugs in portal.php

You are a wizard Big Grin