MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Edit, Quote and multiquote buttons problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well I hope this is my last thread about my 1.8 upgrade.

First the postbit Edit button seems to do nothing. However, the delete button send me to the edit post page, where I can then delete or edit my post. Is this a normal behavior?

Second, the quote button send me to the reply page but the quoted message doesn't appear. If I remember correctly, that problem was also in my 1.6.10 installation.

Third, the multiquote button seems to do nothing, even if I click on it and click "Quote" after...

Finally, I can see the smilies on the compose message or reply page but when I click on them, they don't appear in the text.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
have you updated code in the templates after upgrading to MyBB 1.8

upgrading guidance Wrote:Visit your Admin Control Panel, then go to Templates & Style > Templates > Find Updated Templates. This will show you a list of all the templates that have changed during the upgrade.

You can either revert these templates to their default - meaning all the changes you've made to it will be removed - or you can see a Diff Report which will show you exactly what's changed. If you have a custom theme installed, it is probably best that you look at the Diff Report and apply the changes you need.
I'm such a dummy. I updated the code and now things works better. Thanks for the help once again! Big Grin
(2014-10-04, 11:58 PM)Madsiur Wrote: [ -> ]I'm such a dummy. I updated the code and now things works better. Thanks for the help once again! Big Grin

Is there a specific template which needs to be updated/reverted to make the edit, quote and multiquote buttons work?
headerinclude will definitely need to be updated because that is where the javascript files are loaded.