MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: No icon for the New post/No new post
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, I am new here. I need help on my newly put up forum.

I don't know why the icon in the new template for No new post/New post has become wording? Here is the scene:

[Image: Page_zps54e4650e.jpg]

This is the code at the : Templates & Style -> Templates -> Your Theme -> Index Page Templates -> index

[Image: index_zpsfbea7de9.jpg]

Any help will be appreciated Big Grin
looks like on.gif, off.gif, offlock.gif images do not exist in the images folder. And your forum is running
on MyBB 1.8 and png images are expected there. not sure how you have gif images in that code.

Are you looking at the correct theme templates & is the theme made compatible for MyBB 1.8 ..
Looks like the theme is not compatible.

Otherwise, if this is with your images, then you would probably have broken images link here or might be the author of this theme have coded text here instead of any image.
Yes like others mentioned, it's just a theme that hasn't been updated for 1.8 yet. If you insist on using it, you have to revert all the templates that have been edited in the theme (The name of the template should be green) except the header templates (header_welcomeblock_xxx as well), and the footer templates. You'll also have to transfer all the sprites/images from the 1.8 theme and put them in the directory for that theme.

Otherwise, you can just find a theme compatible with 1.8.
Oic, so is upgrading the theme to 1.8 will solved the problem? Are there ways to just upload the png image, or changed the code to just get the icon on? Since I know very little about this, I am trying to do modification as little as possible.
uploading the png images should fix the referred issue.

however moderation & administration functionality should be checked with that theme.
does inline moderation work ? are the functions in admin panel working without any issues ?
on the forum, adding reputation working ? how about quick edit , quick reply & quick delete ..

if it is confusing then better to add a compatible theme for MyBB 1.8 and use it
http://community.mybb.com/mods.php?actio...ory=themes
Sorry for the belated reply, so how can I keep the theme and yet changed to MyBB 1.8? Step by step procedure will be greatly appreciated.