MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Hide a forum from the who's online list
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have private forums for staff and i do not want the thread names being viewed, From the who's online list can i change it so it doesnt show anything in particular forum?
if user does not have access to specific forums then those forum links & topic subjects are not visible to the user.
you can check it by loging in with ordinary member account
(2014-10-05, 07:08 PM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]if user does not have access to specific forums then those forum links & topic subjects are not visible to the user.
you can check it by loging in with ordinary member account

Oh i know that, But in the Who's online list normal users can see that a mod is Reading Thread "threadname" And that thread is in the hidden forum, i dont want anyone seeing private thread titles Sad

I want to keep the features of the who's online list but hide an entire Forum from showing anything and instead display "restricted area" instead, This keeps the content of the thread titles hidden.

Who's online list = online.php page btw

I found a workaround.
(2014-10-05, 07:59 PM)dmpops22 Wrote: [ -> ]I found a workaround.

Which is ?
You can restrict users to see your online users list.
(2014-10-06, 07:02 AM)Vanz Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-10-05, 07:59 PM)dmpops22 Wrote: [ -> ]I found a workaround.

Which is ?

I used php & template conditionals to remove the location section of who's online from normal users, and kept it for staff using group id's.