MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Reverting back to 1.6.10
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello.

I am a staff member of this mybb site: http://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/portal.php
Anyways, we (the staff) upgraded to 1.8 the other day, and the main person who was doing the upgrade who knew what they were doing unfortunately had to take a leave of absence for an undetermined amount of time, and the amount of work needed to get 1.8 up and working with our custom templates is way over my head. We also have about 4 active custom themes, so a lot of work would be needed to get them all up and running correctly. As of now, sadly there are far too many issues with the latest upgrade for us.

I am wondering how easy and possible it is to revert back to 1.6.10 which is what we had. We wisely made a backup of the ftp sever files and a site backup. Would this just be a matter of downloading 1.6.10 and installing it again? Or could I make a fresh installation of 1.6.15? Also if someone could explain to me how to use the site backup files to restore it back to that I'd really appreciate it - the backup files seem to be an sql file, which I am totally inexperienced with.

Also on a side question, while trying to get our shoutbox back to how it was, I SOMEHOW made a mistake where all the embed images and videos are no longer working, it just shows the text link... Might someone know the piece of code for that and where to find it and how to fix it or what I might have done to cause that? Even though I will be reverting hopefully to the backup, I'd still like to know because as far as I know I messed with nothing that could cause that, just messing with the shoutbox code for the index and portal.

Thanks,
Mike.
your forum is not eligible for support from this community. [Support Eligibility]

anyway, basically you have to put back your earlier version files & its database in to web server and use
database SQL file needs to be imported through database manager (eg. phpMyAdmin) at the web host control panel.
(2014-10-07, 12:56 AM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]your forum is not eligible for support from this community. [Support Eligibility]

anyway, basically you have to put back your earlier version files & its database in to web server and use
database SQL file needs to be imported through database manager (eg. phpMyAdmin) at the web host control panel.

Thank you for the response. Our forum is about ROM hacking, not hacking hacking lol. Think Gameshark codes and what not. There is no legal risk involved, no handing out of illegal files or piracy.

Still, thanks for the response, you make it sound easy I just have a feeling I will screw something up.

(2014-10-07, 01:04 AM)Gi Nattak Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-10-07, 12:56 AM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]your forum is not eligible for support from this community. [Support Eligibility]

Thank you for the response. Our forum is about ROM hacking, not hacking hacking lol. Think Gameshark codes and what not. There is no legal risk involved, no handing out of illegal files or piracy.

Still, thanks for the response, you make it sound easy I just have a feeling I will screw something up.

Might I ask please where this web host control panel is at? I have the SQL file here for the backup but am unable to locate this database manager at web host control panel. Might that be like in our godaddy account for our site that we pay money to? Sorry for the ignorance.