MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Helping fixing Theme Issues
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I'm on MyBB 1.8 attempting to make a 1.6 theme work on it.

So far the issues I've encountered that I havn't fixed are

http://prntscr.com/4tqpuj

Titles in UserCP turn black in IE
Birthday Privacy Selector does not work. No Drop down menu on Chrome, IE Shows no Options

Sub forums stack like this

Sub forum:
forum1,
forum2

Instead of like Sub forum: forum 1, forum2

Visual: http://prntscr.com/4tquma

When adding custom profile fields they do not show up on theme's postbit despite configuration in Config >Settings.

Missing Theme Selector despite configuration in Config > Settings.

Collapsers do not work/incompatible JQuery?

Website is www.wireduniverse.net for additional detail.
MyBB 1.8 uses jQuery.js and minified jQuery should be removed. Prototype also needs to be removed.
upgrading guidance Wrote:Visit your Admin Control Panel, then go to Templates & Style > Templates > Find Updated Templates. This will show you a list of all the templates that have changed during the upgrade.

You can either revert these templates to their default - meaning all the changes you've made to it will be removed - or you can see a Diff Report which will show you exactly what's changed. If you have a custom theme installed, it is probably best that you look at the Diff Report and apply the changes you need.
The only thing this managed to fix was the Birthday Privacy selector and at the same time, completely screwed up my website. Are you not able to tell me the exact locations to edit these issues?
Hallo Archix

You have more issues then what you posted, but I have one question,
You are about to start a forum, with other words you don't have any members yet who are used to a specific theme.
Why not use a theme for 1.8, or even better, change the stock theme to use for example the background in the theme you now are using, trow1 and 2 to use the background-color your content from your 1.6 theme is using now, and you are already longer to make the theme complete then changing this to work.

What I can see, is this (from stock theme to something like the one you want) almost just css edit.

Hope you will consider this opportunity.
Problem is Bagger I'm wanting a fairly simple dark theme but there isn't anything like that offered for MyBB 1.8 or really any choices at all, which is understandable considering it's a new update. I'm not really interested in paying for a theme either right now because I want to try MyBB out for a while to see if its any good compared to some $$boards. I also do not know CSS pretty much at all so it would make a lot of adjustments difficult for me.