MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Reverse Purge Spammer
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys,

We had a mod commit a purge spammer request on a user, which consequently banned that user, and their IP address...

I'm just wondering if there's a simple reversal that can be done from the Mod CP, considering they don't have access to the IP banning portion of the site.
IP's can be unbanned in ACP->Config->Banning. Regular unbanning the username can be done in the Mod CP. Threads and Posts will not be able to be recovered unless you have a database backup.
I understand that - but a mod cannot unban the IP if they do it by mistake, it has to be fixed by an admin.

I was only curious if there was some "totally undo the ban" on the user that was banned. Just because it's a bit irritating to have to go through a few different pages when a mistake is made.
No. You need to either provide Admin CP access to the mod or request a plugin that adds IP (un)banning to Mod CP.
What if a IP Whitelist was added to banning features, to protect admins anyways or direct IP input. This should possibly be a core feature anyways, just an idea is all.