MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: how to make an member moderator of a forum
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hello guys!!
how to make an member moderator of a forum
i want to set to all my forum a special moderator and he just can edit in this forum
i mean the member has an promotion just in this forum
for example
Security Forum has a moderator and he just can use his promotion in this forum!
can anyone help?
admin panel >> forums & posts >> Forum Management >> click on Options button next to required forum
>> click on Moderators --> Add a user as Moderator
Alternatively, you can just go to users tab in confg settings. Click on the user and add more groups onto it. Watever mod or super mod.
(2014-10-07, 12:42 PM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]admin panel >> forums & posts >> Forum Management >> click on Options button next to required forum
>> click on Moderators --> Add a user as Moderator

i tried this way...
but it make the member can moderate all forum
i said i want an way that he has a promotion just in a forum
for example
i make this member moderate in Facebook Forum and he has every promotion just in Facebook forum
but i want him that he can't moderate in another forum like security
Facebook moderator
Security Moderator
Mobiles Moderator
i want it like this
suggested method should provide moderation privileges for the selected forum only. not to all the forums.

you should use Options button next to required forum - not next to the Category
(2014-10-07, 01:02 PM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]suggested method should provide moderation privileges for the selected forum only. not to all the forums.

you should use Options button next to required forum - not next to the Category

ok i did that
but he can edit other threads and posts in other forum..!
it just said in the forum that he is an moderator in this forum
but when i get in to another forum he has the same promotion there Huh
i want it that he just can edit or delete the threads,posts, in the forum that he is an moderator not to all the forum

i don't know if you get me or not Huh
could you please check the permissions of the Moderator group in ACP >> Users & Groups >> Groups >> Moderators

the checkbox for "Yes, users of this group are super moderators" shouldn't be checked...