MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Private thread set-up - Please help!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys,

Really sorry if this has been covered before but I just can't seem to find any info on it...

I have my own MyBB forum and have set up separate threads for individual clients but how do I go about making it so that only each client see's their own thread so each thread is kept private from any other user?

Thanks so much in advance, I'm tearing my hair out as Im sure I'm just being dopey!
Make a new forum or thread
Edit permissions.
And in 1.8, save the forum. After saved, press one time one the forum name, and go to permission. Now at the right side, press edit permissions for this group, and choose , can only view own threads.

Remember to remove permission (view) from banned, guest, avating
Thanks for the reply @BaggerHD - but now how do I go about adding one specific person to each of these forums?
Well this method works only if the thread starter is a user of the forum, will not work if the admin start the thread.
The only one who can read the post, is then the starter of the thread, and the admin (if you don't enable other groups,,like moderator,,,,)

Some uses this as a form of PM from user to admin, the users can then also attach attachments.

Donno if this is what you was looking for,,??
Ah crap, nope.

I want to set up a thread myself for each of my clients that once they log into the forum only they have access to that specific thread - no one else can see it but me and them.
I am not sure whether this plugin works on 1.8 or whether a updated version has been released... you can try altering the compatibility line in the plugin file to 1.8 and try...
Guess that plugin not will fer fill his need. If I understand this wright, he will with example 250 members have 250 threads, where every thread is just for one specific user.
(2014-10-08, 07:52 AM)BaggerHD Wrote: [ -> ]Guess that plugin not will fer fill his need. If I understand this wright, he will with example 250 members have 250 threads, where every thread is just for one specific user.

i guess that's exactly what that plugin can do....  Big Grin

(2012-10-22, 07:35 AM)crazy4cs Wrote: [ -> ]While creating a new thread or editing a post, the author of the thread is given with an option to check if the thread is invite only, meaning, only accessible to specified uids in the text box given right below it. He/she is supposed to enter the uids (separated by a comma if more than one) which can only access his/her thread. However, moderators (of that forum), Super Moderators & Administrators can access his/her thread despite of the uids he set. Moreover, no other users except the specified uids can reply to the thread (again, moderators/super moderators/administrators can reply).