MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Replies using "Quote" not appearing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Having a problem where if a user quotes a previous post using either reply to just quote one post or multi quote the post(s) they are quoting appear in their post but any text they have added does not so it appears they have not replied at all just re-posted a previous post by someone else.

They can see that this is happening if they use preview.  Ordinary replies in an empty reply box post OK.

This is a new hopefully sporadic issue as some posters seem to be quoting OK and others quote OK some of the time.  I have not done any upgrades or added any plug ins or anything for this to start - I am on 1.8.

Board is www.massdebate.club

It seems to be related to IE - and much as I would like to therefore say sod it just another IE thing there will always be members using IE and it is important for the board to work on it as it should.
There is already an issue on Github for it. Also, I suggest using Chrome. It's better and has less problems with Javascript than IE does.
I would not touch IE with a 10 ft bargepole - however I have users that are not technically knowledgeable and they do use IE and would consider being asked to use a different browser as a reason to stop using the forum which is only just starting.

Does anyone have a link to the issue on github?
The problem is the same for me. Have just experienced it on this very forum.

BTW, I won't call users who use IE "not technically knowledgeable". Myself, being quite technically knowledgeable, under Windows I use IE exclusively. It's rather a matter of personal preference.

I think ignoring the browser which holds 50+ percent of the market (like "our site does not support IE, sorry") is just childish nihilism. Thx.
(2014-10-16, 08:15 PM)Maechlis Wrote: [ -> ]I think ignoring the browser which holds 50+ percent of the market (like "our site does not support IE, sorry") is just childish nihilism. Thx.

And you're saying that to who? Because noone ignores IE in this thread, you can clearly see a link to a github issue above. martec even posted a possible solution there.

Also, where did you find the 50% IE stat? Sounds funny. The only reference I can find is NetApplications:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Usage_share...mary_table
which collaborates with Microsoft and doesn't even try to hide it:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Net_Applications#Criticism
So - 3 stat counters say IE is around 20% of browser market share and one biased tries to convince people that IE is nearly 60%. I don't think I need to write a conclusion.
(2014-10-16, 09:14 PM)Destroy666 Wrote: [ -> ]And you're saying that to who? Because noone ignores IE in this thread, you can clearly see a link to a github issue above. martec even posted a possible solution there.

I'm saying that to the thread starter. specifically in relation to this his post.

If you would like to consider only "unbiased" (lol) counters, I would gladly accept the alternative figure and say that "ignoring the browser that holds 20% of the market is childish nihilism".

Glad to hear that it's not ignored. My purpose was to confirm the problem on my side.

Please excuse me for not continuing off-topic.