MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Migrating from local to production env -- cookies don't work
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I cleaned up a conversion from IPB 3.x on my local machine. I moved it to a production environment, edited the settings.php file and the mybb_settings table to reflect the new domain for cookies. However, even after browser resets and following instructions here, I cannot log into the forums. It says the login is successful, but no cookie is set at all, and the forums just redirect without being logged in.

Forum URL: http://tsparchives.hierocles.me

Relevant settings:
$settings['cookiedomain'] = ".tsparchives.hierocles.me";
$settings['cookiepath'] = "/";
$settings['cookieprefix'] = "";

Those are also reflected in the settings table.

I'm not sure why this was moved to the Merge System support forum. The database conversion went just fine. It's migrating from a local environment to a production one that's caused problems. The forums work just fine on my local system.
It's not related to the merge system so I moved it back.

Have you cleared your cookies? Saved the settings from your acp (if you can login there)?
Also your cookiepath is shown as "/mybb/", are you sure you saved it correctly?
I can log in to the ACP. However, clicking on the Config tab just takes me back to the login page, and I can't log in any further.

The cookie settings are indeed correct in the settings.php file, as well as the database. Is this a cache issue? Is there any way to clear and rebuild the cache manually? Otherwise, I imagine I'll just have to do a fresh install in the production environment and use the Merge System to import the cleaned up database.

-------------------

I'm not sure why, but the cookie path was changed in settings.php. My local files have the correct entries, but the file on the server did not. Cookies are working now.