MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Theme Caches When Changing CSS Around
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Just change anything in css file and check your forum... no change
(2014-10-15, 08:41 PM)Eldenroot Wrote: [ -> ]Just change anything in css file and check your forum... no change

No. Logically, I'd like to see your forum because everything is fine on mine. On both localhost and free hosting 1.8 clean installs.
no problem, i can make a test account. I will send you a pm. It is a small problem (css is reloaded after some time but it is annoying)
I can link to a mybb installed forum you can test on but since Eldenroot is doing this I will wait.

If you still need the test forum with admin access let me know.
I am back from work, I will send you the login information in a minute
(2014-10-16, 11:26 AM)Spudster Wrote: [ -> ]If you still need the test forum with admin access let me know.

Feel free to send it, since Eldenroot's forum changed CSS immediately for me - no 'bug' at all. So I'm nearly sure it's a issue on your end - very long caching time in browser(s) or whatever.
(2014-10-16, 04:50 PM)Destroy666 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-10-16, 11:26 AM)Spudster Wrote: [ -> ]If you still need the test forum with admin access let me know.

Feel free to send it, since Eldenroot's forum changed CSS immediately for me - no 'bug' at all. So I'm nearly sure it's a issue on your end - very long caching time in browser(s) or whatever.

But I think we can fix it. like this code:
.../global.css?lastedit=1234
(2014-10-16, 06:37 PM)ATofighi Wrote: [ -> ]But I think we can fix it. like this code:

.../global.css?lastedit=1234

We could, but I don't think it's a big priority comparing to most of other issues. But if you want to create a PR, I don't see why not.
I'm going to reject this, never had any problems and I've made quite a lot of css changes lately. If someone wants to create a PR for the "?lastedit" thing feel free to do so.
Pages: 1 2