MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Empty lines removed from posts in quick edit
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I find empty lines destroyed by the wysiwyg editor, quick or no. I'm using Chrome. 

I'll be back shortly with an example. 
(2015-01-31, 08:47 PM)Destroy666 Wrote: [ -> ]Someone reported it as a bug but his fix was wrong and he didn't provide any info.

We need to know:
a) if you can reproduce it on the default theme with all plugins disabled in ACP -> Configuration -> General Configuration
b) an exemplary post which causes it. Paste its whole content before and after quick edition here.

But before providing answers for a) and b) you really should upgrade to 1.8.3, otherise anyone may hack iyou in 5 minutes, especially that you provided the URL.

I'll provide you with the information as soon as I get home.

PS: We already use 1.8.3, this thread just happens to be a bit old. :p
I just can't find the issue... The weird thing it that I can't reproduce the error when i clone the complete site onto another server. Could this be CloudFlare minifying too much js?

On the other hand, could it be an error in the code? Minifying shouldn't affect how things work imho.
(2015-02-22, 03:29 PM)DerMauch Wrote: [ -> ]On the other hand, could it be an error in the code?

If noone can't provide exact reproduction steps, it's very unlikely to be a MyBB bug. Never seen it happening here or on any testing forum myself.

Which browser are you using btw?
(2015-02-22, 05:43 PM)Destroy666 Wrote: [ -> ]If noone can't provide exact reproduction steps, it's very unlikely to be a MyBB bug. Never seen it happening here or on any testing forum myself.

Which browser are you using btw?

I'm using Firefox 36.

Could someone savvy with JavaScript maybe take a look at our site? We don't understand any of the browser development tools. :/

Update: Added screenshots to first post.
Tested with latest FF on this forum and it works fine: http://community.mybb.com/thread-167955.html

You can PM me an admin account if you want to take a look at it.
I've solved it! CloudFlare's minify HTML feature was causing it (minify CSS and JS still work). Since there's virtually nothing in pure HTML in MyBB I just disabled the feature.

Thank you to everyone who helped!
Well, it's still an issue for me. I'm using 1.8.5 in Chrome, but the same thing happens in FF (most current versions of both). 

Attached pix show my post before and after posting. I mean, it's not the end of the world, it's just really annoying, particularly when i paste something like an article and I have to go through and do manual returns on ever paragraph. 

Before: [attachment=34650]

After: [attachment=34649]
Pages: 1 2