MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyBB 1.8 on Windows Server 2012 R2 with IIS
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello everybody,
my company will move two enterprise intranet solutions with MyBB to a Windows Server 2012 R2 with IIS in the next weeks. I wonder if anybody is already running MyBB 1.8 in such an environment and if there is anything special to know. Are there known problems or bugs?

One of the servers might use Plesk Panel, could that cause issues?

Thanks for any information! Smile
Only thing I can imagine being a problem might be the SEO friendly URLS. Everything else should be fine as far as I know. I assume you'll still be using MySQL?
Thank you for your input!
.htaccess should work with IIS mod rewrite for SEO URLs I guess but I'll look into it. We'll still be using MySQL, yes.
I wouldn't imagine there being any issues at all then Smile Obviously it would be best to do a test deployment before moving any live sites over.
We'll do that of course Wink I just wanted to know if there are known issues so I can find problems easily and deploy faster. Thank you Euan!
(2014-10-11, 06:59 PM)Lennart Sauter Wrote: [ -> ]Thank you for your input!
.htaccess should work with IIS mod rewrite for SEO URLs I guess but I'll look into it. We'll still be using MySQL, yes.

In Server 2012 R2, .htaccess files can be imported. Whether or not they work, I have to discover still. 

I don't use 1.8, FYI - I do SysAdmin for a living.
(2014-10-12, 08:07 AM)Ben Cousins Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-10-11, 06:59 PM)Lennart Sauter Wrote: [ -> ]Thank you for your input!

In Server 2012 R2, .htaccess files can be imported. Whether or not they work, I have to discover still. 

I don't use 1.8, FYI - I do SysAdmin for a living.

Yes you can import them via mod rewrite module as I wrote. They'll be transformed in a web.config file.