MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Banned IPs not being blocked
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I just got a new user registration from an IP address that is in my blocked list. Also last known IP is also in the blocked list. I am using wild cards to block both IPs such as 103.230.105.*. Yet it still allowed registration to go through. Is 1.6 block list not working with 1.8?
As far as I remember banning IPs never stopped them from registering. I ended up doing core edits in 1.6 to stop this.
Then what's the point of banning IPs if it doesn't prevent them from registering?
It stops them from being able to view other content.
(2014-10-16, 12:31 AM)dragonexpert Wrote: [ -> ]It stops them from being able to view other content.

that sounds pretty silly.

if an IP is banned, it should be banned in totality: both from registering new accounts and logging in.
Agreed, why enable them to create more accounts when you've banned them from any content
Does the behavior changed from 1.6 to 1.8? Or nobody noticed how it worked till now.
Banned IPs are checked in global.php so it affects everything.
I agree
(2014-10-20, 09:19 AM)Omar G. Wrote: [ -> ]Does the behavior changed from 1.6 to 1.8? Or nobody noticed how it worked till now.

I know I've never had any repeat registrations from previously banned IPs or IP ranges before so I assumed they were being blocked.
Pages: 1 2