MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Member Integration Question
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
We are considering using this script in a Members Area, where users have already registered for access. Can this script integrate with our existing membership database (MySQL)?

We are hoping to avoid making them go through a second registration process to participate.

Thanks in advance for any info you can provide.
srqwebguy Wrote:We are considering using this script in a Members Area, where users have already registered for access. Can this script integrate with our existing membership database (MySQL)?

We are hoping to avoid making them go through a second registration process to participate.

Thanks in advance for any info you can provide.

OK - I think I found the answer. I found the Permissions settings for unregistered users, and that helps fill the bill. Very nice set up by the way. I'm impressed.

If there is still a way to get the system to recognize users by there member area log in that would be great.....
Well.. you can make a registration system for your site, which suits MyBB users db table, and add the registered users to it, using the same approach used in MyBB registration process and codes.

If you can't figure out the codes, don't hesistate to ask.

You can aslo read here to have an idea on how to recognize if a user is logged in or not so that it shows on both the site and the forums.