MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyBB 1.8 Advertisement Manager
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey everyone, I've begun developing a new advertisement manager for MyBB 1.8. This plugin will include a lot more features than the other ad plugins I've seen offered in the mod sections. I plan on having a beta release ofthe plugin available in the next 1 or 2 months.

For more information please visit the post on my blog. Also, if you have any comments, feature requests, or suggestions, please leave them in the comments section of my blog! Hope to hear from some of you!

http://nolanm.me/news-and-announcements/...t-manager/

Regards,
Nolan
Those are really nifty features you have there. I'm although curious how you aim at the " zones". Are there gonna be variables everywhere?
(2014-10-13, 02:06 AM)ElectricShock Wrote: [ -> ]Those are really nifty features you have there. I'm although curious how you aim at the " zones". Are there gonna be variables everywhere?

The zones are basically categories. To display the ads you will need to insert a code snippet and that snippet will specify which zone or zones of ads to display.  

I'm only in the beginning stages of development with this plugin so I haven't completed the code snippet part of it, but an example would be:
 {$adsplugin->zone['1,2,3']}
with 1, 2, and 3 representing the ID's of the zones being displayed.  If no zone id's were specified, it would show ads from all zones by default.

I also plan on implementing a way to offer "default zones" such as header, footer, after first post, etc. I also want to implement a way to limit who ads are shown to. For example, if you have paid premium memberships, perhaps a feature of that paid membership is an advertisement free experience. Through the plugin, you would be able to add certain user groups to a "do not show" list. This do not show list could be global (for all ad zones) or zone specific.

P.S. If anyone is interested in helping to develop this plugin, feel free to contact me for more details!
(2014-10-13, 02:06 AM)ElectricShock Wrote: [ -> ]Those are really nifty features you have there. I'm although curious how you aim at the " zones". Are there gonna be variables everywhere?

Did I answer your question? If not could you be a bit more specific?

Also, got some work done on the plugin. I'm going to be posting an update regarding the progress both here and on my blog. I'll also be sharing the plugin through GitHub as well!
Giving this post a bump. I've made some good progress on the plugin. I'm almost done with the basic functions of it like adding editing and deleting advertisements and zones.

However, once I complete the basic functions I'm going to start coding in the more advanced and unique features of the plugin. But, first I would like some feedback about the planned features listed on my blog as well as suggestions for features some of you would like to see. That way I can get an idea of what the community would like to see in an ad management plugin and not just what I want in it.
Taking a look, adding on to my list of plugins to use, hope i'm not disappointed.

edit- site doesn't load.
There is a nice advertisement plugin with zones at MybbPlugins and another one at MybbAddons.com - maybe they'll fit for you.
So, how's the developpment of your Advertisement plugin going?
I hope you're almost done!
YOU NEED TO MAKE THE ADVERTS RECURSIVE FOR DIFFERENT RESOLUTIONS LIKE MOBILE. GOOGLE ADSENSE NOW HAS CODE FOR RECURSIVE ADS. BUT SOME OF US USE IMAGES FOR BANNERS AND YOUR MOD WHEN USED ON A MOBILE SITE SHOULD SCALE DOWN AD BANNERS
(2014-11-03, 03:44 PM)jpninside Wrote: [ -> ]So, how's the developpment of your Advertisement plugin going?
I hope you're almost done!
Sorry for not responding sooner. But, I had some major delays due to some web development projects that I had come up. That's how I make my money and I was hit with more projects than I'm used handling at one time. I still have one web development project I'm working on and I'll have it completed in the next few weeks.

I just started working on this plugin again a few days ago. So, I'll have some updates on it coming very soon! Thanks for showing interest!

(2015-03-26, 03:26 AM)travbacon Wrote: [ -> ]YOU NEED TO MAKE THE ADVERTS RECURSIVE FOR DIFFERENT RESOLUTIONS LIKE MOBILE.  GOOGLE ADSENSE NOW HAS CODE FOR RECURSIVE ADS.  BUT SOME OF US USE IMAGES FOR BANNERS AND YOUR MOD WHEN USED ON A MOBILE SITE SHOULD SCALE DOWN AD BANNERS
That's a great idea! I'll add that to my list of features to be added. I'll mention you in the credits for the suggestion as well! If you have a personal blog/portfolio you'd like linked along with your name go ahead and send me the link in a PM.

Also, are you using the word 'recursive' in the same context as 'responsive'? Such as responsive web design (works on all desktop and mobile resolutions)?

(2014-11-02, 05:35 PM)Lennart Sauter Wrote: [ -> ]There is a nice advertisement plugin with zones at MybbPlugins and another one at MybbAddons.com - maybe they'll fit for you.
I've checked out other advertising management plugins and there are some decent ones but, they all lack the depth and control I'm looking for in an ad manager. One of the main features they lack is a way for users or guests to purchase advertising space direct from the community/website. This will be one of the major features of my plugin. I'm also considering an integration into a MyBB points system allowing ad space to be purchased with points earned by members who actively participate in the community.

I've also considered allowing active members to receive 'X' amount of days/months of advertising using posts as a milestone for that. Example being: User A makes his 100th post. User A is now credited with 1 month of advertising in the XYZ ad zone.

Any thoughts on the above ideas?

Thanks again for your interest in the plugin fellows!
Pages: 1 2