MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Yii Framework > Laravel
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I know everyone here  loves Laravel and wants it in MyBB 2.0, but I just think Laravel is just way to dynamic for software to be built on. I mean Laravel was only a year old when it went to 5.0 with a whole new directory structure and breaking changes. Total chaos for MyBB if it wants a software that can last forever....

Oh and Yii 2.0 update:

http://www.yiiframework.com/news/81/yii-...-released/

You can't beat that with Laravel. 
(2014-10-13, 02:48 PM)ljdevs Wrote: [ -> ]I know everyone here  loves Laravel and wants it in MyBB 2.0

Not really, it's a debate which never ends. At a certain point, you have to make a decision or MyBB 2.0 is never going to exist.
(2014-10-13, 02:48 PM)ljdevs Wrote: [ -> ]Total chaos for MyBB if it wants a software that can last forever....

Apparently, Lavarel has begun to stabilize. In the worst case, the MyBB Team could fork Lavarel and back-port fixes to the fork. They seem to think that it'll be a massive boost to productive versus Yii, so that's pretty much that.
The stability was (and is) a concern with Laravel for me, but it does have great support and Taylor is promising to cut down the number of breaking changes in the core from now on, with features instead released as packages (e.g.: Elixir, Socialize etc). Using any kind of third party library can be a risk, but it's one that we think is worthwhile due to the decreased development time and effort required.
Can you really be too dynamic?