MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Restoring Templates
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Our site's custom template html code got messed up beyond repair, where the threads borders are non-existent, there's strange arrows on our border windows, users have no avatar showing etc. So I figured that by replacing the 'forum' folder on the ftp server with a backup we had (of the forum folder) before these issues happened, it would fix our templates back...but this doesn't seem to be the case...?
How do I revert the html code of our custom templates back? Is that handled somewhere else other than the ftp server? I'm confused and desperately need to get our html code for our templates back to how it was before it got messed up. Thanks.
database needs to be restored. do you have recent database backup of earlier version (as you tried upgrading to 1.8 [ref.])
yes indeed, we restored a 1.6.10 backup that was provided by mybb admin panel, which is the sql file. And we successfully (or so I thought) replaced/reverted the site back with that. It now says that the version is indeed 1.6.10, but yeah the templates remain all edited still with the 1.8 edits I made, I was hoping it would revert them all to how they were, and it sounds now like it's possible, we must be missing something then?

I could still use some help with this one, please. We did restore the database, that was the whole replace the sql file thing in phpmyadmin right? So we did that, then I deleted the forums folder from the ftp server, and then uploaded the backup forum folder. Problem is the templates are not being reverted back! I can't understand why, is there something else that needs to be done? I'm sure our backups are legit, the sql file contained all the tables and files from our 1.6.10 (before I jacked up the templates) and our ftp backup the same, so in theory it should have reverted the templates right? I reverted both the sql and ftp and still the templates remain un-reverted. Huh How is this possible?

So please, how can I repair the templates? Was the backup sql file and ftp folder not enough? Am I doing something wrong?
There are many other issues as well that should have been reverted. Like trying to click any of the Options, in control in admin, you know how there are 'Option' for almost everything? Clicking on it/them does nothing at all now. "Views" also, anything that has that light blue background it looks like.

TO SUM UP THIS QUESTION, how can we get everything in the admin panel go back to the working backup? I thought the sql file would take care of that, but it just reverted the version back and seems to be doing nothing to the themes or templates or anything else, and I'm positive the sql backup file was an 'everything working' version. So it's a real mystery!

NEVERMIND! SOLVED. It was a case of not deleting the SQL file 100% and overwritting it instead, which did not revert all the stuff back turns out. Happy times are here again!