MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Make the background an image 100%W x 100%H
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am trying to make the background an image but there are a lot of css files and trying to change it from the admin section isn't working. I've searched the forums and nothing works. Can someone please tell me which css fill I need to edit to change the background throughout the forums?

http://www.euro-list.com/forums/
• New installation latest version
• Test user account = NA
• Screenshot or error text = NA
The background image is normally in body, but still you can have a background in container, and a background in content.
But the background that is on the background, using your whole screen, is in body
(2014-10-15, 07:34 PM)BaggerHD Wrote: [ -> ]The background image is normally in body, but still you can have a background in container, and a background in content.
But the background that is on the background, using your whole screen, is in body

Unfortunately there is no body.css. My question was,

"What file do I need to edit in order to do this?"
I believe it is actually in #content of global.css.
So, then not actually a file but I can edit it through my admin panel?

Because I tried that following the instructions from other posts and it didn't work. (even after clearing my cache..)

Ok...

I guess my background image is working after all. I just couldn't see it because of the white background of the container??

So now my question is:

How do I make the page container background transparent so my background image will show through?

Thank you for your help...
(2014-10-16, 06:13 AM)RBlack963 Wrote: [ -> ]How do I make the page container background transparent so my background image will show through?

you can either...

1. make the background fully transparent, by adding a css attribute "background: transparent ;"

2. or make the background little opaque, by adding "opacity: 0.9;" (change the opacity value to your liking)
3. Or use a rgba background color if you want the font etc. to stay fully visible.
background: rgba(200, 54, 54, 0.5);
The first 3 values are R G B of the color, the last value is opacity.
Ok, I got it...

I had to use "background: transparent;" in content and logo to make it work.

Thank you, all of you, for your help while I get this set up.