MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Accord Autumn
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, I have recently upgraded to v1.8. I was previously using theme Accord Autumn and was very pleased with it. I have noticed that now my java, drop dowm does not work and i can no longer edit for forum text etc etc. Any ideas how to fix this but keep my theme?

Thanks
You need to update your templates. Use the Find Updated templates feature and view the Diff to see what has changed. headerinclude is a big one that needs to change because it loads the jQuery library which is used for a lot of the javascript.
"Use the Find Updated templates feature and view the Diff to see what has changed."

Why do people keep repeating this? Obviously looking at the changes doesn't do anything. When our forum was trashed with the update, we were left with 50+ Javascript files that needed to be edited and debugged. Additionally - since a trashed forum has no functionality, the interface to do so just doesn't work. Really.
@ajgr - Mr dragonexprt answered with that line because
1. Reverting templates is the only way out.
2. User in question has already upgraded and his/her theme which is actually a mybb 1.6 theme will need a lot of work to work with mybb 1.8
3. This is not the theme support forum.
This post should have been posted in the theme forums as it has to do with theme.
I do understand your frustration Mr ajgr- I myself have been trying to fix my headers and it has been a week already and i still have to find someone who could help me with my Forum header. My thread in which i asked for help with my headers was not replied at all. No one replied. I sent pms to many staff members, just two of them replied. And they helped me with they could but one could not help with my header and second one is yet to reply. My template editor does not load so that has a bug too that needs to be fixed.
But we have to understand that this is a free forum script. We are not paying anyone for the support. So yeah sometimes we might not get support. But being angry is just going to spoil our own day Big Grin
Not angry :-)

Just pointing out that looking at a diff in a non-functional interface is of no use. And then there are a lot of people that don't feel comfortable debugging hundreds of lines of JavaScript even if it was possible.