MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: inbox PMs went missing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
A moderator on my forum has started a thread in the mod section about his inbox PMs disappearing, except a new 1 that was sent to him.  here's his exact post:

Quote:This morning when I logged on and got a yellow notification that I had a new PM, I went to my inbox and found that all my inbox PMs, except the single new one, were gone. Last night there had been half a dozen messages there, which I had been planning to deal with or just leave a little longer - and this morning all of them were gone completely. My saved message folder seems unaffected. What's up? 

Has anyone ever seen this happen before?  Is there a way to reproduce this or run an sql query to see what may be going on?

I'm running 1.6.15.
I'm going to start by suggesting to see if the PMs still exist in the database. Run this query in PHPMyAdmin
SELECT COUNT(pmid) as pmtotal FROM mybb_privatemessages WHERE uid='x';

Replace x with that person's uid. Let me know how many it says exist.
(2014-10-18, 08:29 PM)dragonexpert Wrote: [ -> ]I'm going to start by suggesting to see if the PMs still exist in the database.  Run this query in PHPMyAdmin

SELECT COUNT(pmid) as pmtotal FROM mybb_privatemessages WHERE uid='x';

Replace x with that person's uid.  Let me know how many it says exist.

edited to add:
user confirmed that he has 12 messages in his PM box: 3 in his inbox, 4 in his sent mail and 5 in his saved mail.