MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Lost Password Recovery is not working anymore.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
After updating to 1.8 Lost password function using PHP Mail handler is not working anymore. Users are not receiving mail with password recovery instructions. But using this test script:

<?php error_reporting(E_ALL); $to = '[email protected]'; if(mail($to, 'Testing mail', 'This is a mailing test to see if PHP mail works.')) { echo 'Mail was sent by PHP'; } else { echo 'PHP could not send the mail'; } ?>

Mail is send and I received it. So, which files are responsible for password recovery function, maybe replacing them would help? Maybe someone of you are faced with this already?
Well, first of all, run the Admin CP ->Tools & Maintenance -> File Verification and post the results here.

Then Admin CP -> Configuration -> General Configuration -> Disable All Plugins? -> set to Yes and Save. Check if the mail works. If yes, post the plugin list as well.

Are you using a translation?

And lastly, check if other E-mail features are working, such as the registration activation mail.
(2014-10-17, 01:16 PM)Destroy666 Wrote: [ -> ]Well, first of all, run the Admin CP ->Tools & Maintenance -> File Verification and post the results here.

Then Admin CP -> Configuration -> General Configuration -> Disable All Plugins? -> set to Yes and Save. Check if the mail works. If yes, post the plugin list as well.

Are you using a translation?

And lastly, check if other E-mail features are working, such as the registration activation mail.

Later tryed on 1.8 fresh install, still same thing was.

Now resolved myself, it appears it was due yahoo email which was entered in Home » Board Settings » Site Details » Admin Email. If I write anything except ***@yahoo.com - mail is sending as it should.
Ummmm.. have you checked the spam? There is no reason why MyBB wouldn't send mails to yahoo.. Unless you're blacklisted or anything similar.