MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Attachment Button is gone
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I can no longer see my attachment button Huh

Background:
I just moved from shared hosting to VPS and a new Host. I was having problems with uploads so I deactivated all plugins and found out my issue was Ajax Multiple Upload Attachment that was causing problems.

I completely removed Ajax Multiple Upload Attachment plugin but now my attachment button is gone and actually attachments are no longer an option.

I've searched and searched to no avail...what needs to happen to get attachments back.

Things I've Tired:
  • Reupped newthread.php, newreply.php, and editpost.php

• Reupped functions.php

• Removed Ajax Multiple Upload Attachment

For the record, everything worked fine until the switch which leads me to believe it something DB related.

Thanks for reading and hopefully helping.
Did you uninstall Ajax Multiple Upload Attachment before removing the files? If not, reupload the files and do it.
Unfortunately there is no uninstall link for this plugin. This is why I tried to do it manually after deactivating the plugin.
Ok, I see, it's this plugin, correct? http://community.mybb.com/mods.php?actio...ad&pid=104

If yes, check if there is {$attachbox} variable in newreply/newthread/editpost templates. Add it after
{$captcha}
</table>
if it's missing.
(2014-10-17, 01:38 PM)Destroy666 Wrote: [ -> ]Ok, I see, it's this plugin, correct? http://community.mybb.com/mods.php?actio...ad&pid=104

If yes,  check if there is {$attachbox} variable in newreply/newthread/editpost templates. Add it after

{$captcha}
</table>
if it's missing.

Thank you. This put the attachment button back on the page. I appreciate it.

Would you know why it just stopped working all the sudden (Ajax Upload)? It looks like its trying to upload but it's missing the upload progress bar and when it's finished it loads a blank page like nothing was posted even though I put in a subject and a message.

I could always just try to reach out to developer but it seems he's busy working on other things.

Anyway, sorry for the long winded reply. Thanks for at least getting the attachment button back! I really appreciate it.
No problem, you should indeed try to ask the developer. This is a bug in that plugin most likely or a conflict with another one.