MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: "Invalid PM" bug when adding a user to the buddy list
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
There appears to be some bug when adding a user to the buddy list.

Suppose User A wants to add User B to his buddy list.

Steps to reproduce the problem:

1) User A goes to his profile, there to the buddy/ignore list section;
2) User A enters User B's name in the prompt, selects "Add to buddies". The pending buddy request becomes listed in the "requests sent" list;

3) User B logs in and beholds the new PM bar which reads "You have new PM from <User A> with id <id number>"
4) User B clicks this message to access this PM, but the bar "Invalid PM" is displayed upon this action.
5) User B selects to proceed to his private messages, where he sees "You have one unread PM from <User A> titled ...."

Afterwards the behavior is as expected.

The problem seems to be browser-independent.
If you're sure it's a bug, it should've been posted in Bug Reports. But I doubt it is (accepted several buddy requests here with no problem) and I guess you're using an incomplete translation. If yes, make sure that these strings: https://github.com/mybb/mybb/blob/featur...g.php#L385 have all sprintf arguments ({1}, {2}, {3}, etc.) in the correct place.
Yes indeed this turned to be a translation problem. (I'm using unofficial Russian translation for 1.8, available through the forum.)

It has discrepancies in lines 385 and 386. After correction the problem is gone. I will report this in the respective thread.

Many thanks. Problem solved.