MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: User profile in tabs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
(2014-10-30, 02:47 PM)laie_techie Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-10-29, 07:21 PM)dragonexpert Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-10-29, 06:42 PM)laie_techie Wrote: [ -> ]Please don't do anything which requires JavaScript for basic functionality.

Javascript is supported in mobile browsers generally.  The forum uses Javascript already if you aren't aware of that.

Reading comprehension fail. I didn't say to never use JavaScript, just don't require JavaScript for basic functionality. Sites should fall back gracefully if a visitor has disabled JavaScript.

As an example, pass a variable to the URL saying which tab in the profile is active. The link in the tab title will be to the profile page with that parameter correctly set. However, the link also contains the JavaScript mentioned earlier in this thread to avoid a full-page reload. Thus those with JavaScript enabled get a better experience, but users without JavaScript can still use the forum.
One thing that I've noticed on a lot of JavaScript reliant sites is that when JavaScript breaks for whatever reason.. The site is just completely unusable. This is an issue on some software like Discourse, which are entirely built upon JavaScript on the client side.

If it at-least worked then, you'd at-least have some basic functionality and you could even be like.. Hey, the site's broken on Chome 68 or whatever.
Up.

my suggestion? is accepted?
We are not "accepting" any suggestion at this stage of development.
News?

News?
(2014-11-20, 10:01 PM)The_Dark Wrote: [ -> ]News?
(2014-11-06, 08:18 PM)StefanT Wrote: [ -> ]We are not "accepting" any suggestion at this stage of development.
Is that really so hard to understand?
Pages: 1 2