MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: User profile in tabs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
User profile in tabs?

It would be pretty cool.

For example:
In the "Profile" tab will show the nickname under the avatar, and next to "Group" and then "Language," "Sex" and "User Title"
In the "Stats" tab will show "Total Posts:" "Total Thread," "Find all threads / posts of this users," "Last visit:" "Date of registration:" "Reputation," "Warn Level:".
In the "Contacts" tab will show "Private Message: link to send pm to the person " and, if the user has an email "Email: link to email "if not" Email: Private and other contacts
In the "Signature" tabs will show the signature of user

You could also add tabs "Moderator Options" "Options Administrator" visible only to moderators / administrators and "Other information" where it will show the custom user fields ..

Example image: http://dumpshare.net/images/4198939FORMYBB2.png

In the image I make an example of "Profile" tab, if you want I can make other tabs.

I hope that you will accept this suggestion, and I hope to see this change in the layout of the user profile from the next version ... well prefer this change is implemented immediately without waiting for mybb 2.0 ...

Or wait for mybb 2.0 for this change

Regards.

Up.

at least tell me what you think .... :/
I think the first tab has to show comments and custom status of the user.
Up , I want to know the opinions of MyBB 's staff about this, please
I would support tabs on profiles. I don't know what the team in general thinks though. They make content much cleaner and organized.
I pulled down a rough sketch of what could be the script to do such a thing

<script type="text/javascript">
function tab(id){var t=document.querySelector('.profile > .tabs > .current'); document.getElementById(t.id.replace('t','tab')).className='hidden'; document.getElementById('tab'+id).className='trow1'; t.className='Sub'; document.getElementById('t'+id).className='current Sub'}
</script>

It also makes it possible to customize by CSS

What do you think ?

Up , I want to know the opinions of MyBB 's staff about this, please
Please don't do anything which requires JavaScript for basic functionality.
(2014-10-29, 06:42 PM)laie_techie Wrote: [ -> ]Please don't do anything which requires JavaScript for basic functionality.

Javascript is supported in mobile browsers generally. The forum uses Javascript already if you aren't aware of that.
(2014-10-29, 07:21 PM)dragonexpert Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-10-29, 06:42 PM)laie_techie Wrote: [ -> ]Please don't do anything which requires JavaScript for basic functionality.

Javascript is supported in mobile browsers generally.  The forum uses Javascript already if you aren't aware of that.

Depends on how recent it is and it depends on what JS functionality it is.
Tabs might be useful, although I would suggest avoiding overdoing it.
My suggest is accept..?
(2014-10-29, 07:21 PM)dragonexpert Wrote: [ -> ]

Javascript is supported in mobile browsers generally.  The forum uses Javascript already if you aren't aware of that.

Reading comprehension fail. I didn't say to never use JavaScript, just don't require JavaScript for basic functionality. Sites should fall back gracefully if a visitor has disabled JavaScript.

As an example, pass a variable to the URL saying which tab in the profile is active. The link in the tab title will be to the profile page with that parameter correctly set. However, the link also contains the JavaScript mentioned earlier in this thread to avoid a full-page reload. Thus those with JavaScript enabled get a better experience, but users without JavaScript can still use the forum.
Pages: 1 2