MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Post Count Messed Up?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi I just recently did a test conversion(XF to Mybb) and overall things went well.

I'm actually shocked how easy it was lol.

One thing I notice however is that all my user's post count reads 0 instead of their actual post count amount. I rebuild the cache in ACP but for whatever reason it says 0 for everyone.

Also, why do some of the forums say "never" while others have last post info?

Thanks for your help/
First check ACP -> Forums & Posts -> [any_forum] -> Edit Forum Settings -> Yes, posts in this forum should count towards user post counts. Make sure it's ticked for every forum.

Then ACP -> Tools & Maintenance -> Recount & Rebuild -> rebuild/recount everything
(2014-10-19, 05:39 PM)Destroy666 Wrote: [ -> ]First check ACP -> Forums & Posts -> [any_forum] -> Edit Forum Settings -> Yes, posts in this forum should count towards user post counts. Make sure it's ticked for every forum.

Then ACP -> Tools & Maintenance -> Recount & Rebuild -> rebuild/recount everything

Thank you, that worked perfectly. Is there a way to mass do the "YEs posts in this forum should..." setting?

I have 80 forums so it's tedious to go through them all.
(2014-10-19, 06:16 PM)Kid Flash Wrote: [ -> ]Thank you, that worked perfectly. Is there a way to mass do the "YEs posts in this forum should..." setting?

I have 80 forums so it's tedious to go through them all.

Not that I know of that's in the AdminCP. But, you could always do it via your database. I don't know what type you use, but I use MySQL, and if you go to prefix_[Possible suffix]forums  you will get all of your categories and forums. If you then scroll over to usepostcounts  and usethreadcounts , you can edit whether they count or not much faster. I'm not sure if there's a way to mass edit the column, but you could change them much faster. Just change the 0 to a 1.
Execute this query in phpMyAdmin:
UPDATE mybb_forums SET usepostcounts = 1
And for thread counts:
UPDATE mybb_forums SET usethreadcounts = 1

Then recount/rebuild again.