MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Official Wordpress Integration Plugin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Seeing as Wordpress it the most popular CMS out there, wouldn't it make sense to have an official MyBB-Wordpress integration plugin?  

This would make MyBB much more attractive for those that want to build public and private communities. There is still a great need for good forum software integrated easily with WP.  

I've tried bbPress and it is really disappointing.  I respect the Automattic team but it crashes if you have too many users.  

If you'd like to see this too I'd be happy to hear it.
Unlikely, MyBB seems to mainly focus on the forum software itself, so I doubt that there will be an "official" one.
If I remember correctly, someone was working on an unofficial free one. Who knows, that might be ported over to 2.0.

What level of integration are we talking about here?
(2014-10-20, 06:07 PM)Axareal Wrote: [ -> ]Unlikely, MyBB seems to mainly focus on the forum software itself, so I doubt that there will be an "official" one.
If I remember correctly, someone was working on an unofficial free one. Who knows, that might be ported over to 2.0.

This. The MyBB team sticks to developing the forum software itself; a plugin isn't something the team generally develops. Plugins are community-powered generally, and I'm sure someone will make a bridge once 2.0 is released.

Honestly I don't know if I even want the team spending time on integrating WordPress. Let them work on the core features of 2.0 and release that so myself and other developers can work on it! Big Grin
MyBB is a forum software, not a CMS so don't expect an official plugin for it.
A lot of people are look for a CMS functionality though.
MyBB core should NOT tie itself to Wordpress. However, I agree it should have an API to facilitate integrating with third party software.
(2014-10-31, 06:48 PM)laie_techie Wrote: [ -> ]MyBB core should NOT tie itself to Wordpress. However, I agree it should have an API to facilitate integrating with third party software.
Well yes, they should design the core in a way where it's easy to integrate it with third part software.
I have no doubts that someone will create a plugin for Wordpress Integration though, even if it's an unofficial one.