MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How can I optimize my database? mybb 1.8
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi, how can I optimize my database? I have mybb 1.8.

I think my site is slow also for database. In PhpMyAdmin my tables are all in MyISAM except for mybb_dvz_shoutbox and mybb_upgrade_data (these tables are in InnoDB).

And mybb_upgrade_data table is in latin1_swedish_ci, all other tables are in utf8_general_ci
What version of MySQL are you running? If it is a recent enough version you can use the Innodb storage engine instead of MyISAM for the threads and posts tables. This would speed up your site considerably if you have many posts per day.

If you are not using a FULL TEXT searching try enabling that in the ACP under Search Settings.

Also, I'd consider having the session table be MEMORY for storage engine.
(2014-10-21, 10:40 PM)dragonexpert Wrote: [ -> ]What version of MySQL are you running?  If it is a recent enough version you can use the Innodb storage engine instead of MyISAM for the threads and posts tables.  This would speed up your site considerably if you have many posts per day.

If you are not using a FULL TEXT searching try enabling that in the ACP under Search Settings.

Also, I'd consider having the session table be MEMORY for storage engine.

Hi, I have MySQL client: 5.5.38 (MySQL: UTF-8 Unicode (utf8) extension mysqli), I can use Innodb? Is difficult convert tables?

If there is will be a problem I can always restore old database?

In Search System (ACP) I have full text, Search Flood Time (seconds) 2, Minimum Search Word Length 0, Hard Limit for Maximum Search Results 250.

Thank you very much
I believe the version of MySQL you are running supports InnoDB for Full Text index. It isn't difficult to convert tables, but if they have a lot of records, it can take a bit of time. Before converting them, I recommend taking a backup just in case you don't like how things go.

The easiest way to convert tables is to use the PHPMyAdmin tool. Navigate to the table you wish to convert then go to the operations tab. From there select Innodb for tables except mybb_sessions which you will want to use Memory.
Thank you very much, I can use Innodb for all tables or only for posts and threads?

Except sessions table, where I'll use Memory, thanks
You can use Innodb for all tables.
I'm converting tables, but when I'm in mybb_posts and I change to InnoDB I have error Sad

#1214 - The used table type doesn't support FULLTEXT indexes
Upgrade your MySQL to a later version and you'll be able to. Try going to 5.6 if you can.
Hi, I have Debian 7 and there default Mysql is 5.5 Sad I don't understand how to have automatic upgrades in source.list for the latest versions of Mysql.

If I do apt-get install mysql-server I have again 5.5 (not installed obviously):

Quote:Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
The following extra packages will be installed:
  libdbd-mysql-perl libhtml-template-perl libmysqlclient18 mysql-client-5.5
  mysql-common mysql-server-5.5 mysql-server-core-5.5
Suggested packages:
  libipc-sharedcache-perl libterm-readkey-perl tinyca
The following NEW packages will be installed:
  libdbd-mysql-perl libhtml-template-perl libmysqlclient18 mysql-client-5.5
  mysql-common mysql-server mysql-server-5.5 mysql-server-core-5.5

Anyway I have followed this tutorial: http://xmodulo.com/upgrade-mysql-server-...buntu.html

All ok I think, only maybe I have removed phpmyadmin Sad

If I type mysql -u root -p in SSH I have as result:

Quote:Welcome to the MySQL monitor.  Commands end with ; or \g.
Your MySQL connection id is 2
Server version: 5.6.15 MySQL Community Server (GPL)

At least I'm on 5.6 now..only I can't access to phpmyadmin and in /forum I have error:

Quote:MyBB has experienced an internal error and cannot continue.

Error Type:
MyBB Error (44)
Error Message:
MyBB was unable to load the SQL extension. Please contact the MyBB Group for support. MyBB Website

But type in config.php is mysql.

Now I try to re-add phpmyadmin.
In your config try mysqli instead of mysql.
Pages: 1 2