MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Forum has been hacked!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
An0ny, staff members can't ban super admins nor admins. This message he got means that his IP got banned from the site, did you use any proxy/vpn, Billie? Maybe you used some IP that was banned?

If your account were banned it would say:

"Your forum account has been banned: Reason here
time left:" or something.
If I recall correctly, if you're banned by IP, you will see a no permissions message. He also couldn't have been banned via XSS because the superadmin cannot be banned by anyone.
I think in config.php you can change superadmin, usually it's $config['super_admins'] = '1';

Check config.php if it's all ok.

If not, someone has access to your server.
Thanks guys, one of my admins was hacked on another forum, and it just so happens they decided to hack my forum also, they go into his account and IP banned me. I kept Un-banning now locking my forum down atm.
(2014-10-22, 09:00 AM)Billie Joe Armstrong Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks guys, one of my admins was hacked on another forum, and it just so happens they decided to hack my forum also, they go into his account and IP banned me. I kept Un-banning now locking my forum down atm.

Yeah, drop the bans from your database and make sure your files are clean. Replace any files that you haven't modified yourself with a fresh package of files, just to be safe, and ensure that config.php has not been maliciously modified.
Ban your administrator temporarily while you fix his account? Actually, block your entire site and fix everything directly from the DB.
(2014-10-23, 05:06 AM)Omar G. Wrote: [ -> ]Ban your administrator temporarily while you fix his account? Actually, block your entire site and fix everything directly from the DB.

As Omar suggested, put the forum in construction and work from MySQL database. If you need to be root admin, the command is:

UPDATE `mybb_users` SET `usergroup` = '4' WHERE `uid` = 'YOUR USER ID HERE' 
Thanks for the information Guys! Smile
Not to beat a dead horse, but this is why its good to download a backup of you site and your SQL at least weekly or bi-weekly. You should also use a random generator to generate long secure passwords. What most likely happened was your admin used the same password from that site to your site. You can create a password generator in excel or use one from a website, your choice.
(2014-10-22, 09:00 AM)Billie Joe Armstrong Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks guys, one of my admins was hacked on another forum, and it just so happens they decided to hack my forum also, they go into his account and IP banned me. I kept Un-banning now locking my forum down atm.

Really ?

Are you all 11 years old ?

If this is a game yall playing, please stop wasting peoples time here on Mybb.com to fix your problems ( games ) .
Pages: 1 2 3