MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: gaming-forums.org
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, i bought this site a while back and have finally got round to re skinning it and will start to promote it now (so if you feel like joining, i would be quite happy)

Anyway i used the fearfactor theme ad then made a few changes, ive still got to change the buttons but im looking for new ones seen as i cant really do graphics myself - any opinions feedback is always appreciated.
You forgot a easily clickable link. Gaming-Forums Smile

It looks very nice, all I'd say is probably centre the logo. Smile
I agree. Otherwise put a black background behind the logo for the full width of the div of whatever. But looks very tidy and nice.
Some images are missing...
The are 2 menus in both you can find a link to the portal ,help, search etc...
and if you center the logo and make a border for it that will look abit as a continuation for the background grid and also make the relfection of the title more transparent, it will look better.
So many things I like and so many things I dislike. It's obvious the theme is a cut and paste from other themes.

1. Orange hover for anchor isn't looking good.
2. The orange buttons for postbit_ and also newthread newreply don't match at all.
3. You can't read the subheader text (grey on grey)
4. Star icon needs to be changed since it was created with a white background in mind. Plus it doesn't fit your theme.
5. Your header logo isn't centered. Add this to additional CSS in admincp theme editor: .logo{text-align: center}
6. I don't like your on/off graphics...I am sure you borrowed them from another theme but they don't look good for your theme.
7. You are using the VB template which adds that moderator column on the end. IMHO...very silly to show empy table and it's redundant anyways as Mybb has a Forum Team page.

Now despite all my criticism I really do like what you have so far. Remember if you center your logo to make the background of that area black.

Thanks.
thanks for the feedback out of the 3 places ive asked for feedback this has definately been the best.

the mod field i intend to remove but i dont know how to do it, the person i usuallyask to do it is on holiday so im waiting for him to come back.

The logo/background i understand needs some changes i have that ina list of things to do also.
orange hover is another thing on my list of sites to do but it is quite far down
star icons i intend to remove altogether

thaks for the feedbck everyone
lovely theme. It doesn't look like myBB anymore overall so that's a great thing. Love the job you've done Wink
just a question then, do you think if i change the buttons to be my own, i have done enough to remove the copyright?

If so i will probably put my own on nd make it available for others
You can never remove the MyBB copyright (unless your talking about a theme's copyright?).
the themes copyright Wink
i know i cant remove the mybb bit