MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: change the width of container (not happening through global css)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Dear sir,
I want to change the width of the container. I want to keep it to around 940 px. But it is not happening. I tried with one of the methods posted on mybb forum by going to global css and changing width to 80% or 940px. But it is not happening.
My forum link
Hi, here is your solution,
open the advanced css editor
and add in the "width" to the body, like I below,

body {
background: url("../../../images/myskins/bgg.png") repeat scroll 0 0 #f7f7f7;
color: #7c7c7c;
font-family: "Oxygen",sans-serif;
font-size: 13px;
line-height: 1.4;
margin: 0 auto;
text-align: center;
width: 940px;

have a great day!
i did that but its not happening...thanks in advance
Hi

I'm sorry to hear that, I tested your website using firebug and the solution worked for me on your website
here is a screenshot of your site with the container at 940px

[Image: 1test.png]

I hope someone has a better solution, good luck.
Try clearing your cache!
plz help...how to clear the cache
(2014-10-21, 05:42 AM)deal94350 Wrote: [ -> ]plz help...how to clear the cache

Hi depending on what browser you are using, it is very easy, you should clear your cookies and cache,

I would need to know what browser you are using, the faster solution,

ask google: How do I clear (insert your browser here) cache and cookies?

let me know if you need any more help, I will be happy to assist you. Smile
i cleared the browser cache. I thought you are telling about mybb hosting cache.
One more thing, i forgot to point out. This problem of width is happening only in desktop browsers i checked before posting here the thread it was working perfectly even before your solution of width.
(2014-10-21, 05:56 AM)deal94350 Wrote: [ -> ]i cleared the browser cache. I thought you are telling about mybb hosting cache.
One more thing, i forgot to point out. This problem of width is happening only in desktop browsers i checked before posting here the thread it was working perfectly even before your solution of width.

Hi, I understand, All I can think of is, most likely it is a browser issue.

I really hope someone can come up with a solution or you can get this figured out soon.
Best of luck!
(2014-10-21, 05:56 AM)deal94350 Wrote: [ -> ]i cleared the browser cache. I thought you are telling about mybb hosting cache.

To do that, log into your MyBB ADMIN  panel,  click TOOLS & MAINTENANCE tab, then on left  click  CACHE MANAGER, and then  click (REBUILD & RELOAD ALL)
vanz thnks a lot for the reply. But still not giving the desired result of reducing width
Pages: 1 2